Digital Marketing Executive
Digital Marketing Executive
£28,000 - £32,000 per annum
Our Client is an award-winning, national online business support platform created by leading enterprise agency in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire. Their vision is to provide inclusive support and advice to people considering, starting and growing their own business. The platform was launched two years ago and is growing rapidly. Based in Stevenage they are now seeking to appoint an experienced and dynamic Marketing Executive to join the team and to implement the marketing strategy. This role reports to the Director.
This role will directly support the Company’s aim to deliver a start-up service across the Herts area as part of an ERDF funded project. The programme will focus on entrepreneurs becoming enterprise ready across the region through various channels such as one to one advisory sessions and workshops.
What makes working for us a unique and exciting opportunity?
We are a fast-paced start-up inside a trusted brand and you will play a pivotal role in our growth
We plan to implement our marketing strategy by mixing marketing, PR, mobile, social and traditional methodologies.
We are a newly established, dedicated and focussed team. We are striving to build an environment that focuses on what is important, not who is important.
This hands on, digital marketing and PR role involves the following:
- Looking at all routes to market and identifying new ways and means to promote the platform
- Implementing and delivering the marketing strategy
- Generating positive sales leads for the sales team
- Creating and steering the marketing activity and measuring the success of campaigns by producing regular campaign analysis reports
- Designing, scripting and circulating targeted email shots to clients, prospective clients, partners and registered users
- Designing and producing marketing collateral in line with branding guidelines
- Writing copy and regular content for online listings and PR/advertising opportunities
- Working closely with business advisors to identify key case study clients and producing engaging and emotive PR stories
- Creating regular engaging visuals for use in multiple channels and lead generation funnel
- Oversee strategy and implementation of landing page tests used for email and paid acquisition marketing
- Regularly reviewing the website in liaison with the central Marketing Team
- Attending regular networking events, exhibitions and seminars to promote the brand
- Creating and implementing new and improved marketing processes as the brand grows
- Ensuring all literature and press release distribution lists are up to date, current and in line with branding guidelines
- Acting as the first point of call for marketing enquiries from all license holders
- Championing the brand and acting as first point of call for any branding enquiries and requests
- Carrying out regular market research and customer surveys on the brand and service to assess satisfaction, demand and brand awareness
- Liaising with suppliers and clients
You will need to be enthusiastic, forward-thinking and passionate with demonstrable success in digital marketing and PR. You will need to have drive and ambition to succeed. Self-motivated and disciplined, you will need to be an excellent communicator and confident in dealing with people of all levels.
With experience in taking new products to market you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Creative and visionary but with a focus on sales targets, you will have the ability to spot new opportunities and have a solid understanding and proven experience of the different routes to market including digital, PR and networking.
Successful candidates must thrive in an open environment, be risk takers not order takers, creators not followers but also a strong team player with excellent communication skills.
Essential skills and experience
- The ability to use social media to build client relationships, identify potential customers and markets and generate sales leads
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail
- A creative thinker who is happy to work autonomously
- Self-motivated, able to work as part of a team or on own initiative
- Demonstrable hands on experience of email marketing and digital marketing techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills with a sociable demeanour
- Good understanding of different routes to market
- A minimum of 5 years Marketing and/or PR experience
- Confident presenter who will confidently network and support the sales team at exhibitions and events
- Proven experience in managing productivity, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Love for all things marketing and technology, continuously pursuing knowledge and staying on top of trends
- Highly analytical, a broad problem solver
- A creative approach to sales and marketing with excellent knowledge and experience of utilising social media platforms
- Educated to degree level
- A Marketing qualification is desirable
- Experience of using creative design packages such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator is preferential
Hours and Salary
Based in Stevenage, the role will require you to work 35 hours per week.
This is a permanent role offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits including: private healthcare (based on length of service), pension scheme and 25 days annual leave.
All applicants must have full eligibility to work in the UK.
Applicants must have a full UK driving licence and have access to their own car.
Candidates are asked to submit:
- A covering letter in support of your application expressing your interest and why you think you would be suitable for the role of Digital Marketing Executive
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae