Quality Assurance Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK - Winners of Best Private Healthcare Provider 2016.
London's largest private hospital group, HCA operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams. This position will be based from our new and rapidly growing IT offices in London Bridge on the banks of the River Thames.
Along with a competitive salary, the incumbent will also receive 25 days holiday, private healthcare and our company flexible benefits scheme.
Establish and lead a world-class middleware and systems integration development organization that develops and supports HCAI applications and solutions across a variety of platforms.
Manage a portfolio of diverse eForms, Middleware, .NET, CRM, custom development and solutions across various technologies. The QA Manager is responsible for team management, planning, delivering, and supporting all aspects of Quality Assurance for the application portfolio defined by the Portfolio Management process & internal application team requirements. Ideally we would also like somebody who has experience of working with 3rd party vendors/partners to ensure their QA is up to scratch too.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Leadership in establishing and executing a Quality Assurance discipline for the function.
* Drive a culture of quality across the division
* Responsibility for assuring quality based on risk for portfolio, integration and development work-streams
* Ensure approach to quality assurance is aligned with architecture and driven by agreed policy
* Attract, retain, and develop the correct resources and skills needed to deliver quality technology solutions in the evolving applications and integration portfolio
* Ensures all artefacts delivered by vendors, partners and internal teams are reviewed & meet agreed quality levels
* Estimate quality assurance and testing efforts and construct/contribute to work plans for delivery
* Facilitate and support the production of test artefacts including test strategies, test plans, test cases, test exit reports, project exit reports and lessons learned
* Support and contribute to functional, non-functional, system integration, performance, regression, migration, deployment & rollback testing
* Work collaboratively to support and contribute to user acceptance testing across customers and delivery teams
Skills & Experience
* Strong experience in team management and leadership
* Experience in software development life-cycle management and quality assurance
* Experience in project delivery and project management (ideally PRINCE2 certified or equivalent)
* Experience in the Information Technology field with broad technical experience in a variety of application systems, Quality Assurance tools, techniques and technologies
* In-depth experience designing and implementing quality assurance plans for medium to large application integration solutions (EAI)
* Experience of working in multi-channel organizations
* Experience with assuring the quality of a variety of clinical healthcare products (e.g. PAS solutions) and system integration solutions (e.g. MQ Series, Broker, Cloverleaf, Cast Iron, Biztalk, Weblogic) and Web Services (SOAP and REST), XML
* Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
* Internet Technology and tools
* Databases (Oracle, DB2 or MS SQL Server)
* Operating Systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows Server, VMware)
* Knowledge of HL7 desirable
About The Individual
* Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
* 24/7 availability for support and after hours work in order to support the availability and uptime requirements
* Work flexible hours if projects and IT issues demand