DevOps Engineer Azure/Linux
5 days left
- Full Time
DevOps Engineer (DevOps / Azure / Linux / Continuous Integration / Cloud / QA)
My client is seeking a DevOps Engineer (DevOps / Azure / Linux / Continuous Integration / Cloud / QA) to write scripts and templates for new cloud-based environments, respond to DevOps tickets, oversee deployment and configuration tools, manage cloud resources, manage users, manage access to environments, etc.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for development operations, server and user administration, and code deployment for the clients back end cloud applications and products. You will work with an experienced team who will contribute to the strategy and direction of the clients cloud infrastructure, with a current focus on AWS and a desire to progress into other cloud providers such as Azure and Oracle.
- Script, test and deploy new versions of environments and target infrastructures
- Build and Administer instances and services in the cloud for Development, QA, and Production environment.
- Support development and QA across various projects to satisfy their day to day need.
- Study and implement new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance
- Develop tools and services useful in DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scripts
Experience and Background
- Windows OR Linux configuration, management and administration (IIS)
- Familiarity with Amazon cloud solutions and architectures (EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, RDS, CloudWatch) OR Microsoft Azure solutions. Hands-on experience highly desired.
- Understanding of network protocols throughout the 7 OSI layers
- Continuous integration and source control (TeamCity/Bamboo/Jenkins, Git/Stash)
- User or administrator experience with any/all of Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo), TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, New Relic
- Basic software development skills/experience. Scripting experience a bonus.
- Security concepts, protocols and configuration (authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI)
- A strong technical foundation in enabling agile build, release and environments
- AWS certified DevOps and/or Architect
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
Salary: £65,000 + Package
Contact: Neil Mone