Financial Controller - Retail
The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting a Financial Controller role for a FTSE listed Retail business based in Central London. This newly created role will report into the Director of Finance and will have significant exposure and influence with the CFO and the wider business. As Financial Controller this role will take accountability for all aspects of cost leadership, management accounting and financial control for this fast growth Retail business.
- Build, motivate and develop a high performing team of professionals
- Drive the production of a high quality monthly finance pack including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Ownership of Cash flow variance analysis and cost of sale analysis.
- Continual drive on quality of internal controls.
- Ownership of the divisional risks and opportunities schedule.
- Effective management of the month end process ensuring high quality management accounts.
- Drive efficiencies across the cost base through analytics and business intelligence
- Budgeting and forecasting, setting challenging but achievable targets with all key stakeholders.
- Key member of all strategic projects that have an impact on finance process including EPOS and ERP.
This is a high profile and critical role that requires a Qualified Accountant with significant post-qualification experience. They will have demonstrable experience of business partnering with senior stakeholders whilst managing a large team of finance professionals. The successful candidate will have owned the management accounting and reporting processes as well as budgeting, planning and forecasting (P&L, balance sheet, cash flows). They will possess strong technical accounting skills and have experience of proactively reengineering processes end-to-end. A Retail background would highly advantageous.