Accounts Assistant - Television
3 days left
- Full Time
Newly created Accounts Assistant role that has been created due to an incredibly successful year for this rapidly expanding TV production company. Working on some extremely interesting content and with having recently received additional funding, this is an exciting time to join the company. Reporting into the Head of Finance you will assist in both the company accounts alongside some accounting duties for the productions.
To be a successful candidate you will ideally be studying AAT and have gained at least 1 years experience within a finance department. You will be keen to learn and have a genuine interest in building an accounting career within a Television/Media company.
This is a fantastic opportunity as the company, for the right individual, is looking to develop the candidate through training into becoming a Production Accountant.
- Responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of the purchase ledger including matching, batching and coding of invoices;
- Checking of statements against vendor accounts and assessing for any anomalies;
- Responsible for the company expenses, ensuring all relevant paperwork is received.
- Managing the company credit cards;
- Responsible for production floats and pretty cash, including reconciliation against receipts;
- Processing of payment runs for creditors and expenses;
- Bank reconciliations.
- Previous experience of purchase ledger, ideally gained within a media or similar company;
- Studying towards an AAT or equivalent qualification is highly desirable;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with creative individuals and build excellent working relationships;
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn, with an adaptable approach to work;
- A genuine interest to work within a Television/Media company;
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multitask whilst meeting and exceeding deadlines.