Head of Compliance - 1 year Fixed Term Contract
We are currently representing an expanding, independent FX and money transfer company based in the UK, located in Canary Wharf to recruit for a Head of Compliance.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, you have responsibility for managing all Compliance related activities across our business including on-boarding, transaction monitoring, fraud and risk, as well as developing and enhancing new and existing policies/processes.
- Managing and leading a compliance team of 7, including on-going training and development.
- Client on-boarding - reviewing and authorising Private and Corporate client accounts, ensuring full KYC and Customer Due Diligence is completed.
- Managing and recording PEP, Sanctions and Transaction Monitoring alerts.
- Managing any potential fraud risk associated with Credit and Debit card transactions
- Deputy MLRO - completing SAR reports for the NCA and managing the SAR register.
- Developing and enhancing AML and Compliance manuals outlining all policies and procedures.
- Assisting with maintaining and enhancing the Risk Management framework.
- Regulatory engagement - including site visits and responding to enquiries from the UK regulators (FCA/HMRC) and banking counterparties.
- Monthly and Quarterly reports to MLRO and Risk Management Committee.
- Dealing with incoming law enforcement enquiries and production orders.
The ideal candidate
- A strong compliance background within the financial services industry
- Compliance qualification (such as ICA) (preferable)
- Experience with the FCA, HMRC and JMLSG
- Experience of accepting credit and debit card payments (preferable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation, as well as with external stakeholders including regulators.
- Strong management skills in order to manage and develop the Compliance team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work unsupervised with a high level of self-motivation.
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment.