Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
£28,000 - £32,000 Basic + Commission + Car allowance (£40,000+ OTE)
Our client, a highly successful, established Courier company based in Watford are seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager to join their growing team. Combined with account management, this is an exciting opportunity to help grow sales, build a business, and shape your own future.
Job Role & Responsibilities
Working closely with the General Manager this role will involve (but is not limited to):
- Developing a new business pipeline
- Managing the sales cycle and closing new business deals
- Sourcing, collating, and managing sales data and reports
- Contacting prospective customers by telephone to develop new business
- Arranging & attending meetings, making sales presentations with prospective customers
- Preparation and presentation of quotations
- Customer account management to help ensure client retention
- Liaising effectively with customers by telephone, letter, and e-mail.
- Planning and implementing marketing campaigns and promotions
- Supporting the day-to-day Operations
This role would ideally suit a candidate with relevant courier sector experience, with a track record of achievement, preferably in sales. We also welcome applications from strong sales candidates from outside the Courier industry.
The successful applicant will inherit an existing prospects list and new business pipeline. In addition,applicants should be ambitious and keen to make an impact by bringing in new business and developing existing customer relationships.
Candidates must have a proven track record of achievement in new business sales and will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to 'hit the ground running’ perhaps utilising existing sales and business contacts within the sector or region
- Effective communication skills, both written, face to face, and telephone skills
- A good work ethic with a mental toughness and desire to learn and progress
- A basic understanding of business principles - demand and supply; market forces etc
- Ability to work under pressure - quick thinking with an analytical mind
- Knowledge of the local area: a 15 mile radius of Watford; Central and NW London
- Organisational skills - the ability to work systematically and methodically
- Self motivated with leadership skills - the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in order to achieve targets and meet deadlines
- PC literate - Microsoft Office and keyboard skills; ideally experience of Sage ACT
- Proven experience in the courier industry and/or in a customer orientated environment including sales, telesales and field sales.
- Living within a 1 hour drive of Watford
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to play an integral role within an established yet growing organisation, to help build a business and make a real difference.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK.