Design and Copywriter
RSBC believes that every blind young person should have the chance to live life without limits. By giving young people the essential skills to take control of their life, they can unleash their true potential.
Our success depends on our values:
Underpinning all of RSBC’s work are values embedded in trust and excellence.
TRUST: Respect & accountability
ENERGY: Straight talking & constantly learning
AMBITION: Confronting reality & driving results
MOTIVATION: Vision Impaired children and young people are our No 1 priority & we look for solutions, not problems
The Design and Copywriter role provides an outstanding professional artwork and copy service within the marketing team, in delivering creative solutions which best deliver against departmental creative briefs, with outputs that are appropriate for the audience, delivered in a timely manner, and in a format that fits the budget available. This includes digital and print campaigns, events, educational materials and all that is in between.
Key Tasks and Main Duties:
• To ensure delivery of a large portfolio of projects from initial vision to output either in-house or through external partners/freelancers
• To provide creative design and artwork across multiple channels
• To write compelling copy for print and digital activity (email marketing and web in particular) that drives action
• To manage, monitor and improve the online design template toolkit
• To liaise with agencies to ensure delivery of artwork against specification for advertising campaigns
• To ensure that equality and diversity is embedded in all activities
• To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the Society’s learners/clients and all other children and young people/vulnerable adults that have contact with the organisation
• A graduate or equivalent
Key Skills & Experience:
• Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and a great variety of design jobs
• The ability to interpret a creative brief and output design and copy which matches target audiences and help fulfill the objective of the brief
• Proven copywriting experience
• Strong digital design and proven advertising artwork experience
• Great skills in InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
• Proven experience of working to deadlines
• Innovative and creative delivery against varying, often tight, budgets
Job Title: Design and Copywriter
Reporting to: Digital and Content Manager
Direct reports: None
Salary: £27,000 per Annum, pro-rata
Job Type: 8 months Contract
Closing Date for applications: 10th February 2017
Please apply online for this Design and Copywriter role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received for this Design and Copywriter role and to follow further instructions if applicable.