Our Client based in Surrey requires an additional Paraplanner to jointhe team
Skills and Experience Required
- Previous experience as a Paraplanner
- FPC - Level 4 qualification preferable
- Knowledge of Iress/Adviser Office, Exchange and Financial Express Analytics
- Excellent communication skills
- Articulate and confident in dealing with HNW clients with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Technical knowledge of pensions, life and investments products and compliance
- Able to work to tight deadlines, organise and prioritise workload
Job Role /Key Task
- Write recommendations reports for pension transfers and contributions, offshore bonds, investments (ISA/Unit Trusts/bonds etc).
- Prepare all documentation when sending a report i.e. quotes, fact sheets KFDs etc and pre completing forms for client to send back.
- Dealing with new investments and switches etc - buying selling funds online/bed and ISA transactions.
- Processing new business online. Dealing with providers to ensure that plans are set up properly.
- Analysing existing business. Proactively review client files and highlight discussion points prior to any client interaction for their annual review meeting
- Putting together portfolios for new business and keeping up to date on performance of the funds.
- Attending product provider meetings introducing new products and funds.
- Researching product costs and new products to find the best value/plans for certain client needs.
- Keeping up to date on changes to legislation to ensure that advice is correct.
- Calculating capital gains/tax for client portfolio or carry forward/Lifetime Allowance where required
- Entering client portfolios into Financial Express to assess performance.
- Inheritance tax planning work - gifting into trust.
- Putting together and maintaining report templates to ensure they are up to date with legislation.
- Creating/maintaining fact sheets - risk of collectives, why multi manager, risks of drawdown etc.
- Point of contact for clients when advisers are out of the office.
- Compliance - ensuring FCA and internal compliance procedures are followed