2nd Line Support
7 days left
- Full Time
PERMANENT 2nd LINE SUPPORT- MILTON KEYNES – 23-25K
• Do you have extensive experience as a 2nd Line Support Engineer or similar?
• Do you have your own transport or at least hold a clean drivers licence?
• General office hours but you will need to be committed to work “on call” generally in a
1 in 6 basis
Would you like to join a rapidly expanding IT support company in Milton Keynes?
Are you a proactive IT support professional, with a track record of Supporting customers to the highest levels?
We have an exciting opportunity to take your next step with a rapidly growing company in Milton Keynes.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the position is suited to a 2nd Line Support Technician who is keen to work in a dynamic and vibrant business and someone who has a can-do attitude. Someone who has the ability to problem solve, has great rapport and excellent customer service skills, both over the phone and face to face. You will be part of a close-knit team responsible for the day to day operational technical support and maintenance of all Hardware and software systems across multiple sites, and customers.
We are looking for an experienced 2nd Line Support/Field/Infrastructure Engineer, who has significant experience of Microsoft Windows Technologies.
You will be involved in working both internally on escalated technical support enquiries, and on project based work, both remotely and on client sites. You will be involved in working closely with management to direct IT efforts to improve overall efficiency/ service delivery, propose and address areas of improvement in our customers IT infrastructure and be involved from anything to troubleshooting, to full server build and installations. So a willingness to get involved and get your hands dirty alongside the rest of the team is essential. You should also have the ability to solve complex problems. Any relevant certifications, i.e. ITIL, Microsoft, would also be beneficial.
Responsibilities for the 2nd Line Support Engineer:
• Local and remote network & desktop support Hardware management- Servers, switches, storage etc.
• Contribute to IT/ systems project initiatives
• 3rd party supplier management
• Monitor IT infrastructure to provide availability and capacity to all systems
• To work 'on call' approximately one week out of every six. There will also be the requirement for some evening and weekend work.
Key skills & experience required:
• Windows Server
• Windows Desktop
• Windows Exchange
• MS Office
• Active Directory/ Group Policy management
• Microsoft Exchange Support VMware/ ESX Veeam
• Knowledge of Networking Technologies - TCP/IP, VLANs, LAN/WAN Routing
• Experience with Firewalls, Routers & Switches
• Good commercial exposure to Back-up software and Data Storage: SAN and NAS
• Communicate effectively with all personnel and ensure information is accurately disseminated.
• Service desk ticketing systems
• Experience of Telecomm’s systems would be beneficial
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.30pm but needs to be flexible as mentioned above
Apply with your cv immediately or contact Mandy Hayers/ Diane Hoare on
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.