Outstanding English Teacher
Capita Education Resourcing (CER) is a leading provider of Education specialists to schools across the UK
A well qualified and enthusiastic English teacher is required to teach across KS3 - 5 in a selective Boys' Grammar School, described as "outstanding" in the most recent Ofsted inspection.
The standard of attainment is high and U6 pupils regularly gain scholarships to Oxford and Cambridge Universities. He/she should be able to deliver the subject in an enthusiastic way which will encourage the development of a real enjoyment of the subject and an understanding of the importance of English in today's society. He/she will be expected to organise help and revision sessions and other extra-curricular trips and activities.
The ability to teach English Literature A level would be an advantage but is not essential. The post is a long term cover starting in January 2013 but may be extended for the successful applicant.
- You have QTS
- You have a proven track record of outstanding English teaching at GCSE and A level
- You can build good relationships with pupils
- You can show pupil progress in your planning
- You understand Assessment for Learning techniques and consistently apply them
- You are engaging and enthusiastic in the classroom
- You are a team player
- You have experience of teaching A level English Literature
- You use a considerable amount of ICT in your teaching
In return you will:
- Work in a brand new, state of the art school with a 21st Century approach to teaching and learning
- Receive very competitive rates of pay which may increase during the placement
- Receive great support from the school throughout your placement
- Receive support from a dedicated Secondary school consultant
- Gain the opportunity to join our Team-Teach training scheme and various CPD opportunities throughout the year
The closing date for this position is Friday 23rd November.
Please email your CV including a personal statement detailing how you feel you fit the criteria to Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org. Those applications that do not fit the essential criteria will not be considered for this post.
Help you keep more of your hard earned pay by using Capita Education Resourcing's approved payroll partner. (We guarantee to increase your take-home pay compared to PAYE by off-setting legitimate business expense against your income). Details to be provided upon application.
Capita Education Resourcing is an accredited Quality Mark company.
Capita Education Resourcing is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual is assessed on merit alone.