Statistician - 3 months contract- Urgent
The position is for a statistician to conduct/lead statistical analyses in the field of healthcare.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Develop study designs and statistical analysis plans (SAP)
- Provide statistical advice to peers and clients
- Conduct statistical analyses, primarily in SAS (other software may be used, such as R and WinBugs)
- Lead SAS programming teams to conduct data manipulation and statistical analyses
- Verify/validate analysis results
- Write statistical reports
- Write manuscripts, abstracts, conference posters
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis (project update, results, discussion)
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of having worked with health data, and an ability to work independently.
Specific requirements are:
- An MSc/PhD in statistics, biostatistics or econometrics with in-depth knowledge of multivariable models and survival analyses
- Experience of having worked as a statistician analysing health-related data, ideally in the healthcare industry, consultancy or academia
- In-depth knowledge of SAS is essential. Although the role is for a statistician rather than a programmer, the post-holder will work closely with SAS programmers, and will have to conduct statistical analyses in SAS regularly
- Experience of observational data and/or registries is essential
- Knowledge of data management methods to deal with high volumes of data is essential
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics and clinical trial data design/analysis would be an advantage
This is a great opportunity for a contractor looking to make a bit of extra cash before christmas.
For further information please call Halima khanom on 02077587322, and email an updated C.V
To find out more about Real Staffing please visit www.realstaffing.com