A global Material Handling company based in theNorth West, are seeking a senior Controls Engineer to be Team Leader for EMEA with direct reports, to build a strong controls team in Europe andAsia.
They design and manufacture for a variety of industries including Food, Pharmaceutical and Chemicals.
You will plan, develop, review and coordinate all controls aspects for the material handling systems, including panel design. Manage all of the electrical aspects of each project from conception through satisfactory operation at the client's site. There may be some travel involved, but it depends on the project (surveys, proposal presentations, on site trouble shooting etc).
- Responsible for performance and budgets for each project.
- Develop code for PLC's.
- Assist with controls aspects for proposals.
- Reviews design criteria and application information. Liaise with the Engineering Manager to resolve application problems and sales aspects of proposals.
- Direct and coordinate control system design, drafting staff, vendors etc to ensure quality, application, design, and cost control for projects.
- Review and coordinate job progress to schedules through engineering, production, start-up, customer acceptance and final payment.
- Assists with or carry out field start-up and problem solving of systems and equipment.
- Keep up to date on new technologies.
- Develop Systems Controls Engineers/Technician within the EMEA region.
You will have four years experience in electrical or controls engineering, with a working knowledge of PLC's -preferably Siemens and Allen Bradley and SCADA experience would be beneficial. Ideally from a mechanical handling background, with client and international exposure.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com