Senior Collateral Management Specialist
Our client, a leading Lodon clearing house who set the market standard of collateral management, are currently hiring for a Senior Collateral Management Specialist. If you meet the requirements below and seek a role with excellent extension and progression opportunities then this is for you. Looking to here, only, from individuals who meet the requirements as this is a Senior Appointment and as such only individuals who meet the requirements set forth by the clearing house should apply.
- Ensure the timely instruction of collateral lodgements, withdrawals and substitutions.
- Oversee the matching and settlement of collateral related transactions at the relevant custodian or settlement location
- To assist with the timely collection and submission of relevant and required Management Information for the Treasury Operations area.
- Monitor resourcing levels to ensure they meet business needs.
- Work with Senior Manager to ensure staff career development including objective setting, training and development plans in conjunction with HR.
- Regularly review performance of staff against objectives. Guide and motivate staff to improve performance.
- Communicate on regular basis with staff, encouraging constructive teamwork.
- Identify ways to save costs and work with line manager to implement change.
- Assist in the identification of appropriate controls to comply with the internal operational risk control framework.
- Ensure Internal Procedures are reviewed regularly and kept up to date.
- To participate in Internal Audit reviews within the department.
- Ensure that the department's security policy, controls and guidelines are adhered to at all times
- Ensure awareness of the department's business continuity policy, processes and guidelines.
- Identify ways to improve departmental processes/procedures and ensure they are kept up to date.
- Work with other departments/divisions to resolve conflicts and shared member issues.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of Service Level Agreements/Rules/Regulations and Procedures.
- Ensure that clearing member performance is monitored and issues addressed.
- To ensure that incidents are reported accurately and in a timely fashion, having regard for the requirements of readers of the reports particularly in relation to understanding and relevance.
Required skills and experience
- Demonstrates good knowledge of collateral management process including cut off times.
- Some demonstrable line management experience
- Strong experience of bilateral and tri-party settlements.
- Knowledge of CSD/ICSD and custodian systems.
- Highly self motivated to improve and develop.
- Ability to work within a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills and demonstrates the ability to work within and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to use own initiative and of a pro-active nature
- Good knowledge of SWIFT messaging.
- Good academic results
"COLLATERAL MANAGEMENT", "COLLATERAL", "SUBSTITUTION", "COLLATERAL MANAGER", "LODGEMENT", "SETTLEMENTS"
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com