Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer job for a consultancy based in Lancaster City Centre to work on bespoke products
Your new company
I am working exclusively with a Design Consultancy based in Lancaster City Centre who supply a variety of industries with bespoke products including Oil & Gas, Agricultural and Subsea. This is a great opportunity to make a real impact to an already successful and growing business, who offer you the opportunity to work independently and manage your own projects. As well as working independently you will work alongside a close knit Engineering team and report to the Engineering Manager.
Your new role
You will work alongside a strong Engineering team, where you will work and manage your own projects independently.
- You will work on projects from initial design to final completion and handover with the client.
- Production of manufacturing data, including mechanical drawings, bills--of-material and assembly procedures
- Management of component fabrication and assembly
- Liaison with customers to identify their design requirements, create detailed specifications and to ensure their requirements are achieved
- Individual project management, allowing you to take responsibility for defining and managing tasks, and monitoring project progress.
- Testing of systems and subsystems, including preparation of test procedures and test records
What you'll need to succeed
Preferably you will have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, or the equivalent qualification / experience (minimum of 2 years). A knowledge and experience of Solidworks would also be an advantage but is not essential.
You must be able to demonstrate strong communication and organisational skills to work on your own projects autonomously, but also as part of a team.
What you'll get in return
You will work alongside a close-knit and dynamic team in great office space which provides parking on site. The normal working hours are 37.5 hours, 8:30-4:30 Monday - Friday, with occasional travel within office hours to a clients site.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Samuel Minor or Natasha Illingworth at Hays Engineering in Manchester now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77956589