Senior Transport Planner
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Transport Planner based at our vibrant Cambridge office. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary infrastructure consultancy with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects including housing, mixed use, retail, business and industrial, and major rail and transport infrastructure projects.
- Develop and influence transport strategies
- Identify and assess the feasibility and design of transport solutions
- Day-to-day supervision and training of project team members.
- Lead on Transport Assessments, Travel Plans and associated technical analysis work such as demand forecasting, junction modelling, Access & Movement Strategies.
- Opportunity to act as a discipline lead on certain projects, with financial control of Transportation Briefs, deputising for senior management when need arises.
- Attend meetings with clients, design teams, local authorities and the general public as required.
- Create compelling representations to promote land for development
- Prepare Transport Environmental Statements, as well as working with noise and air quality teams
- Manage and / or carry out technical works in accordance with the Practices PMS, QMS, EMS and H&S procedures.
There are excellent opportunities within this role for the successful candidate to lead on key transport and multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects.
- Enthusiasm to develop career and contribute to a growing and exciting Transport Team
- Good project management skills with experience in delivering high quality Transport Assessments.
- Good levels of numeracy and analytical skills, including a good understanding of capacity assessment software such as Junctions 8, Linsig and TRANSYT
- An excellent communicator [verbally and written] with client engagement experience
- Experience of financial and budget controls
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly including: MS Word & MS PowerPoint & MS Outlook
- Relevant degree and/ or higher level qualification
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
To find out more about PBA and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit http://www.peterbrett.com .
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.