Engineer/Senior Civil Engineer
We are currently looking to recruit an Engineer or Senior Engineer to join the established Hydro Engineering Design team based in our Taunton office.
The role is to provide a pro-active supporting function to the senior level engineering staff and to take a leading role on specific tasks and projects. The successful candidate will be able to take responsibility for the management of the design process for a range of infrastructure for public and private sector development schemes and you will have the opportunity run your own projects.
The role sits between the senior staff and the technician and CAD operator positions and so the successful candidate will be expected to delegate to and manage the activities and outputs of the more junior team members.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
- Support the production of Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage designs for all types and scales of development projects
- Delegate and manage the CAD and technician resource in the delivery of outputs to agreed deadlines
- Liaise with the client and design teams on active projects and to manage and procure deliverables on time, reporting to the project manager.
- Deliver projects within budget constraints
- Prepare and manage delivery of technical reports
The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 4 - 5 years’ experience and will be provided with support from other multi-disciplines.
The candidate will require:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent qualification
- Experience of Section 104 processes
- Have experience in detailed drainage and SuDS design
- Have experience using WINDES
- Experience of the delegation and management of technician and CAD resources
- Have excellent communication and written skills with the ability to both compile and check reports and applying QA procedures
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office programmes
- The ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong presentation skills are also required.
- Be a competent user of ACAD and Civil 3D.
- Have experience of the SuDS manual and other SuDS design guides, DMRB Manual for Streets, British Standards and Sewers for Adoption.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
To find out more about PBA and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit http://www.peterbrett.com/.
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.