We’re looking for people with a communications qualification or at least six months’ experience in communications, PR, or marketing (which may have been unpaid).
If you’re the kind of person who knows the latest social media trend before everyone else, get in touch. This is a great early step into a career in communications.Key Duties
- Creating content for social media channels
- Preparing media releases and newsletter articles
- Commissioning design agencies
- Organising events
- A communications qualification or at least six months’ experience in communications, PR, or marketing (which may have been unpaid).
- Written and oral communication skills. Able to produce compelling and effective communications – written and visual, on and offline.
- Able to manage competing demands and deadlines.
- Attention to detail – able to proofread and spot issues with publications.
- Creativity – able to create basic visuals, presentation material and infographics for use on social media.
- Friendly team of communications experts and committed agile workers willing to share knowledge and support each other.
- An opportunity to be involved in special project work outside of the core role – MK is the UK’s fastest growing place and we have some big ambitions. The communications team provides strategic and practical support for the promotion of MK as well as MKC.
- This is an ideal growth role for someone looking for wider experience in a supportive environment where initiative is recognised and respected.
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the bestemployer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
To apply, please upload your covering letter and CV which must include a detailed career history with no gaps, on the Milton Keynes Council Careers website via the Apply button below.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 13th December 2017Interview Date: 19th December 2017
We at Milton Keynes Council take great pride in our city and we hope that it’s you that can help us grow and share our vision.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77795752