We are currently looking to recruit a Geo-environmental Engineer with 3-6 years experience for our Cambridge office where we are expanding our operations. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of project work and will have the opportunity to work on various and wide ranging projects in both the public and private sectors.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading development and infrastructure consultancy. We provide trusted advice to create value from land and buildings owned or operate by our clients. Together, we create better places for the communities in which we work. We are currently working on a number of prestigious projects in the locality and nationwide and have requirement for additional team members to deliver on our existing and expanding work portfolio.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
To work with the current team, locally and nationally, to deliver projects and to develop personal and Practice expertise and skill base.
Work with the wider multidisciplinary Practice staff to provide technical input to existing and new projects.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player and will hold the minimum of a BSc in a relevant discipline. You will have a strong geo-environmental track record and experience of conducting geotechnical investigations and in geotechnical principles would be beneficial.
The candidate must have:
- Proven experience of managing and supervising ground investigations and remediation/validation works.
- Demonstrable experience in production of Phase 1 Desk Study and Phase 2 Contaminated Land Assessment reports.
- A strong understanding of geo-environmental principles, contaminated land and remediation and the UK regulatory environment.
- Proven abilities in technical report writing and regulatory liaison/engagement.
- Computer literacy in MS Office suite including Word and Excel;
In addition, the following would be beneficial:
- Be working towards chartership of a relevant institution.
- Have experience/working knowledge of risk assessment modelling (P20, CONSIM, CLEA, RBCA).
- Remediation design and methodology selection/options appraisal.
The ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
To find out more about PBA and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit http://www.peterbrett.com .
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.