Trainee / Junior / Senior Software Engineer (position dependent on experience)
The company is looking for talented individuals to join our team of software engineers. The role is the evolutionary and revolutionary agile development of Cradle product suite for Requirements Management and Systems Engineering. The role will be tailored depending on a candidate’s experience.
Responsibilities·Design - proposal and detailed documentation of features and functions·Coding - modifying existing code, writing new functionality into existing code and creating new tools and applications·Specification of tests against which the code can be proven·Enhanced technical support and problem solving·Communication - interacting with management, other developers and the company’s support and testing staff
Essential·Enthusiasm for software development and testing·Experience of one or more of: C, C++, Tcl/Tk, Java, .NET or equivalent·Use of Linux or Windows operating systems·Competent in Windows 10·Competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)·IT literacy, meaning some familiarity with common applications (as many as possible from): e-mail, electronic calendars, file transfer, web browsers, social media platforms, image manipulation tools, electronic chat and messaging, video creation / editing / upload, secure communications, encryption, anti-virus products, simple firewalls·Awareness of common sources of computer viruses and other threats, and the means to avoid them·Clear spoken and written English suitable for a professional and technical environment
• Work experience
• Voluntary employment
• Education or who have taught themselves and can demonstrate a genuine passion to develop their career within this exciting environment·Spoken and written fluency in languages other than English is of interest to us.
Qualifications and Experience·Grade A* - C GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths·For trainee positions, either:
• Grade A* - C A-level (or equivalent, such as HND) in an IT-based subject or a degree in an appropriate subject (such as computer science, physics, mathematics, electrical engineering) or
• 3 years’ experience in software development·For junior positions, either:
• Grade A* - C A-level (or equivalent, such as HND) in an IT-based subject or a degree in an appropriate subject (such as computer science, physics, mathematics, electrical engineering) and 1 year’s relevant experience, or
• 4 years’ experience in software development·For senior positions, either:
• Degree level qualification in an appropriate subject (such as computer science, physics, mathematics, electrical engineering) and 7 years’ relevant software development experience, or
• 10 years’ relevant software development experience
We are looking for candidates to be mature and reliable paired with the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and easily. You will have experience of working both within a team environment and independently. You will also have a meticulous attention to detail.
In return the company is offering a competitive salary
If you feel you have the relevant skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77803646