IT Infrastructure and Cloud Engineer
This is a great opportunity to join one of the UK's leading housing associations as part of their expanding IT function. You will be joining the business as an IT Infrastructure and Cloud Engineer, with the responsibility to assist in group-wide 3rd line support and cloud-based migration projects.
- Michael Page are representing one of the UK's leading housing associations, and a business with a rich history in providing leading housing services for over 50 years.
- The organisation have an ethical mission statement at the core of their business, which is to re-invest profits back into communities for the benefit of current and future generations, drastically improving lives
- Our client is a leading part of an industry that can truly help shape society in the years to come, working tirelessly to help solve the problem of Britain's urgent need for new homes.
- As the IT Infrastructure and Cloud Engineer, you will work within a talented team of five experienced Senior-level Infrastructure Engineers at the organisation's Coventry head office to manage the day-to-day operations of both the company's on-premise and Cloud infrastructure.
- The role will have strategic elements, where you will have the freedom to research new technologies, and make recommendations as appropriate to the IT leadership team.
- You will maintain the NetApp storage environment, as well as the localised virtual VMware environment, covering monitoring, patching and performance health checks.
- The role will have a good split of both BAU and project-based responsibilities, where the successful candidate will assist in the long-term migration of as close to 100% of the on-premise infrastructure into the Azure Cloud as possible.
- You will be supporting at a 3rd line level a large-scale infrastructure of approximately 250 Windows 2008 and 2012 servers, of which 90% of the server estate is virtualised.
- You will also be supporting a predominantly thin-client Citrix environment, to a userbase of over 1,500.
As the IT Infrastructure and Cloud Engineer, you will be experienced in the following:
- Cloud based technologies, including IaaS, SaaS and PaaS, preferably with an Azure focus.
- Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Active Directory, ideally covering group policy.
- Citrix thin client technologies.
- NetApp storage.
- Backups and disaster recovery.
- ITIL v3 Foundation or above.
£40,000 - £46,000 + corporate benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77733526