Colleague Communications Lead
As part of the Colleague Communications team, the Colleague Communications Lead will help to connect colleagues to the Society, our customers and to each other.
**Please note that this position may be closed early if we receive a high number of applicationsPackage description
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Life Cover
- 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
- SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
- Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
- Special offers with membership of our Staff Association
- Social club offering generous discounts as well as events and trips away
- Childcare vouchers
- Popular subsidised restaurant and café (Head Office only)
- Head Office onsite shop and intranet cafe
- An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
- Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
- Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Eye Tests
- More senior roles also offer access to group income protection and private medical care
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced, fun team who work with every area of the Society. The Colleague Communications Lead will help colleagues to engage with Society-wide key messages and identify the best way to communicate them.
They will help to review and develop a framework of communications channels that will empower colleagues to take more ownership of communication as well as ensure the right messages are shared via the right channels at the right time.
They will help to shape the objectives and content for large scale engagement events and work with key stakeholders to develop communications and engagement programmes for significant projects, initiatives and announcements.
The role will also involve enabling senior leaders to take more of a lead on communications relating to their area, supporting them with consultancy advice.
They will have a passion to develop ‘technical skills’ and understand different communication channels with the ability to up skill the team and colleagues from the wider Society.Ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will be curious and have an interest in new and different ways of communicating. Experience of using filming and editing equipment is very desirable as video is one of the primary ways we help connect colleagues to key messages.
They will need to be able to self-organise and work in a fast paced environment, managing several projects and communications at one time.
An ability to influence and collaborate with key stakeholders is essential as is the ability to interpret complex messages and make them relevant for different audiences.
With experience in a communications or employee engagement role, the ideal candidate will have knowledge to draw on as well as be connected to internal communications industry best practice.About the company
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77797495