Location: Eastleigh Hampshire
Salary: Circa £22,500
Reporting to: The Head of Finance
It is a specialist awarding organisation (AO) and current market leader in the Hair and Beauty sectors. Launched in 1962, it offers vocational and technical qualifications, including apprenticeships, in a range of service sectors.
More than 800 approved centres work with us, and the ever-expanding list extends across the UK, Ireland, and the rest of the world. Its acquisition of the internationally recognised examination board ITEC and education technology specialists Digital Assess, in 2016, added to specialist offering.
Principal accountabilities include:
* Review of qualification sales against pricing agreements, making amendments as necessary and their subsequent import in to the finance system.
* Creation and sending of invoices/credit notes on financial system.
* Issuing monthly statements to centres.
* Dealing with customer account queries as and when they arise and liaising with teams internally to ensure that queries are resolved efficiently and effectively.
* Ownership and creation of Price Lists for all products across both brands.
* Managing details of customer discounts or pricing arrangements.
* Filing accounts paperwork efficiently and effectively to ensure that it is easily retrievable if required by the Auditors etc.
* Dealing with aspects of Credit Control including liaising with clients to ensure accounts are kept up to date and paid by the due date.
* Banking of all monies received and posting them onto the sales ledger including through online merchant channels (PayPal / World Pay) and direct cash / cheque receipts.
* Inputting of BACS payment receipts in to the financial system and allocating to customers as applicable
We are seeking candidates with:
* Good accountancy/bookkeeping knowledge and understanding
* Excellent computer skills with minimum intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Accurate and numerate
* Good analytical and problem solving skills combined with attention to detail and good communication skills
* Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
* Experience processing invoices for an organisation with income >£1m pa
* A background of working within a Finance department in a commercial organisation for at least 3 years or alternatively a mix of practice and industry experience
* GCSE or equivalent, C or above in English and Maths
It would be desirable if the candidate had:
* Excellent Excel ability including PivotTables and Graphs
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Word
* AAT Level 3 Qualified Accountant
If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity, please send us your details via 'Apply' where you will be asked to provide a comprehensive CV including full work and educational history.
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 10 December 2017
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77779194