SQL Database Administrator
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding insurance business, that have grown into one of the most recognisable brands in the UK. As part of this expansion, they are investing heavily across their IT function, and are now recruiting for a SQL Database Administrator at their Birmingham site.
- Michael Page are proudly representing one of the UK's fastest growing insurance brands as they look to grow their existing IT function.
- The business are a specialist insurance firm, operating primarily within the vehicle insurance sector, but their specialist niche is the cutting edge documentation and dashboard technologies they offer for their customers.
- The company are in the process of embarking on an ambitious programme of development, which will include a new content management system, and a new mobile application.
- Having been founded in the mid-90s, and with over twenty years of growth behind them, the business are now aiming to generate revenue levels in excess of £100m within the next 12 months, so this is a great time to be joining a business that are investing in all levels of the organisation.
- As the SQL Database Administrator, you will be supporting the Analytics team in defining data requirements, including monitoring user access and security, as well as establishing user needs.
- You will involved in the design of the database, working on both back-end organisation of data, and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- You will assist the Analytics team with data access and the creation of more complex SQL queries.
- You will be responsible for capacity planning, and loading new datasets.
- You will manage the automation of batch runs, and ensure that storage and archiving procedures are working correctly.
As the successful candidate for the SQL Database Administrator role, you will be experienced in the following:
- SQL - the ability to import data from spreadsheets and external APIs into a database.
- PHP - automated loading/management of data.
- MySQL - user and permission management.
- You will also be based within a commutable distance of Birmingham.
£40,000-£45,000 + corporate benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77806126