Engineering Manager - Automotive Tier 1
PERSISTANT! ENGAGING! ENGINEERING MANAGERS NEED ONLY APPLY!
Resilient hands on Engineering Manager/ Project Manager required for fast paced multifunctional global manufacturer. Based in Banbury you will be essential in leading the seamless integration and delivery of new tools to the operation whilst driving new processes and technology
SALARY: £55,000-£60,000 dependent on experience
BENEFITS: 33 days holiday, Contributory Pension,
COMMUTABLE: Oxford, Birmingham, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Coventry, Worcester, Aylesbury
With the business experiencing significant growth our infrastructure is under extreme pressure to continually deliver. Successfully introducing new tools, focusing the team, embedding structure, delivering OTIF and process adherence is vital.
The operation contributes £30M towards a total of £100M making us an essential element to the group’s continual growth strategy.
As the clutch of our operation you will connect NPI seamlessly into the manufacturing operation. Your resilience to deliver, sharp eye for detail and ability to ignite teams through clear leadership will be critical. We need consistency, strong leadership with an embracement of our open door policy and someone who truly takes pride in getting stuck in with building a stronger Engineering and Projects department.
You be joining a network that can offer career progression, exposure to new challenges and senior mentoring for individual development. A place where you will be given the autonomy to lead your teams and be seen as an invaluable member of an expanding operation.
REQUIREMENTS - Engineering Manager - Automotive Tier 1
To be successful in your application you must be commutable to the Banbury office or alternatively be in the process of or willing to relocate to a suitable commutable location.
As the Engineering Manager you essentially will
* Have a proven track record of successfully managing a multi skilled workforce (Engineering/ Maintenance/ Automation/Tooling) within a large and fast paced, manufacturing operation.
* Display exceptional project management knowledge of how to seamlessly introduce new tools into engineering or manufacturing environments. It is likely that this will be from an automotive, pharmaceutical, medical, aerospace, marine or engineering background.
* Be resilient, hands on people manager who can engage, motivate and lead their teams.
* Hold clear understanding of processes, procedures and quality systems (ISO 9001, TS16949, IATF16949)
* Understand how to assist with continuous improvement change (e.g. 5s, Six Sigma, Kanban, SMED, reduction of waste methodologies).
* Be highly organised, delivery focused with an inquisitive and highly analytical nature.
* Display a desire to push the operation ‘to consistently be better’ whilst acknowledging and sharing in the achievements with the team.
Although any knowledge of plastics, injection moulding, thermoforming or blow moulding would be advantageous it is also not a pre-requisite.
We have advertised the role as an Engineering Manager however you could have be employed in any of the following roles or industries: Manufacturing Manager, Continuous Improvement, Engineering Lead Manager, Operations Manager, Automotive, Head of Manufacturing Lean Process, Pharmaceutical, Programme Manager, Head of Operations, Injection Mould Operations Manager, Project Manager, Principal Engineer, Production Manager, Process Improvement, Site Operations Manager, Head of Engineering, Section Leader, Six Sigma, Production Manager, Lean Process, Aerospace and Defence, Medical, Lean Manufacturing, Head of Projects, PPM, Automation, Industrial Processes, Kaizen, General Manager.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Clare Gibson quoting Engineering Manager - Automotive Tier 1reference CG1711-21 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683330 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77757626