School ICT Technician job | ICT Technician job | School Technician Job | ICT Technician job | School ICT Job
ICT Technician Job ICT Technician job at a secondary school in Gloucester - immediate start, temporary position to permanent - DBS CERTIFIED ESSENTIAL
Your new company
This is a highly prestigious school with an outstanding Ofsted report that I am managing the position for in the borough of Gloucester. A long term vacancy has arisen at the school to work after Christmas and to begin with they would be looking for a candidate to work on a temporary basis. Should you have the right skills and be successful in the temporary position, you will gain the chance to receive promotion and be employed on a permanent basis.
Your new role
You will be part of the ICT team, reporting to the Network Manager. Your workday will regularly include duties such as offering first-line technical support to staff and pupils, working with the admin team to support ICT throughout the school and maintaining ICT equipment and resources. When required you will also be responsible for maintaining and updating the school website. The role is 5 days a week, 08:30 - 17:30.
Duties and tasks will include: ·
- Providing help and guidance to pupils on an individual or group basis within ICT lessons ·
- Ensuring that as far as possible, pupils are not exposed to inappropriate materials on the internet ·
- Working with staff, parents and pupils to promote safe use of ICT equipment and websites at school and at home. ·
- Preparing the ICT suite for lessons, as appropriate ·
- To support teaching by being aware of the aims of the lesson and working with pupils as directed by the teacher leading the lesson ·
- Work with teachers in the classroom to promote the use of ICT across the curriculum ·
- Running workshops, training events, family learning and clubs to promote the use of ICT
What you'll need to succeed
It is an essential requirement to have prior school ICT support experience as a school technician and be familiar with school systems such as SIMS. Your in-depth understanding of both computer hardware and software allows you to trust your intuition and react to problem solving efficiently. To deal with and understand problems, you will also have excellent communication, query handling and inter-personal skills.
What you'll get in return
This is a chance for you to gain excellent experience in this industry with a high-achieving school which is committed to training up their staff to be as proficient as they can be.
Despite this initially being a temporary role, should you exceed expectations you could turn the opportunity into a permanent contract. The school also believes in organic growth and it has not been unusual for staff in the past to have gained responsibility and status quickly.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77771151