Joining the ecommerce Web Design team for Dixons Retail is a hugely exciting opportunity to develop and learn as you’ll be working with one of the most progressive and dynamic design teams in the industry. Our Web Designers are creative and have good attention to detail enabling them to effectively support our award winning eCommerce teams.
Dixons Retail was the first major UK retailer to launch responsive websites, positioning us as leading the market in design and development innovation. As Web Designer for this team you will be expected to uphold and consolidate this reputation through meticulous creative work and an understanding of latest industry best practise.
Your customer is your key client – every design assignment should ensure a positive customer experience and enhance the effectiveness of the sites and their contribution to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the business, not just on our desktop websites, but across all device types and screen resolutions.
- Create visual design concepts and mock-ups of banners, sliders, web pages and microsites
- Develop template designs whilst adhering to brand guidelines and design principles
- Build (hand code) web pages and microsites using HTML5 and CSS3 and edit / update existing live pages on the websites
- Carry out thorough browser & device testing prior to any go live date.
- Attend project meetings to make design recommendations and ensure user experience best practices are front of mind
You will need:
- Previous experience in a Web Designer/Digital Designer or similar role either inhouse or agency
- Competent semantic hand coding in HTML5
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of CSS3
- Good understanding of web accessibility & usability standards
- To be a team player with initiative, drive, tenacity and able to work to tight deadlines
- Sound knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
Finally, make sure the standard outro copy below is included at the end of the job advert:
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77799459