Network Development Manager
Our continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity to appoint a Network Development Manager for the B&Q Contract. Covering all B&Q operations nationwide this exciting role will be vital in developing a culture of Continuous Improvement across entire network and delivering significant benefits to our customer. You will take the lead in identify, develop and drive the implementation of change to achieve service excellence across our network.
This is an excellent opportunity for an astute, commercially-minded individual to work in a dynamic supply chain environment and have a real impact in the organization.
- Reporting to the Contract General Manager
- Responsible for a team delivering continuous improvement and project activity.
- Provide management, expertise, collation and guidance on all Continuous Improvement projects and activities.
- Deploy the continuous improvement process for the contract and engage with all teams to embed this culture.
- To manage the Continuous Improvement projects for all designated operations in order to provide broader business benefit and a centralised focus.
- Assist with Continuous Improvement proposals, coordinate and monitor progress. Utilise Value Stream Mapping and coordinate with Operations/Contract Managers to establish process Improvements
- Work with the site General Manager(s) and their teams to identify and achieve savings
- Capture and co-ordinate all current Continuous Improvement projects and establish a reporting method for these projects.
- Will have experience of working at a similar level
- Operational, technical and man management experience as well as exposure to continuous improvement techniques would be advantageous
- You must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, in order to optimise site performance
- You must be flexible in terms of travelling to various sites as part of the role
- The successful candidate will be Black Belt accredited in Lean Six Sigma to meet the demands of this role
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77797610