Application Engineer (Powertrain Systems)
We are working with a global recognised Powertrain / Engine Technology Research and Development Centre which has a range of Hybrid and Motorsport research and development projects on the go at any one time.
Their current requirement is for an Applications Engineer to conduct cutting-edge powertrain and vehicle development.
The role will be responsible for specific project goals on a daily basis. However, the primary task for this role is to provide first class technical customer liaison support to fulfil the start and end of a traditional lifecycle plan. This includes accurate capture of customer requirements and practical and engaged support of all systems from their final test stages through to in-field testing and development.
- Liaison with the customer to form, or refine, customer requirement specification documents from which the project will be planned and scheduled. This may include conducting feasibility and conceptual studies, system modelling and simulation and, where appropriate, advising the customer using previous experience.
- Provide close coordination of project activities throughout the duration of the project between both the internal development teams and the customer.
- Plan, conduct and review testing of new software, calibrations and algorithms. This will include bench testing dyno and in-vehicle tests including worldwide field trips.
- Calibration of system functions to comply with project requirements including legislative, emissions and customer targets.
- Complete sign-off procedures for vehicle algorithms, calibrations and final product testing. Undertake system and vehicle development and problem-solving within tight timescale.
- Assist customer representatives in the understanding of algorithm and powertrain features and providing support and documentation as required.
- As a customer facing company representative, provide the customer with a positive and technically competent primary contact that is able to identify the correct solution, whatever its format, quickly.
- Understand and comply with company and customer confidentiality agreements and maintain the security of company and customer property.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree-qualified in either Mechanical, Automotive, Systems, Electronic or Electrical Engineering.
- Proven experience in a similar role within a research and development environment.
- An understanding of modern automotive systems and common automotive practices.
- Knowledge of formal test environments and version of control systems.
- Hands on experience of developing control algorithms for automotive applications.
- Knowledge or familiarity of, Software C-code, MATLAB, CAN and flexray communication protocols and tool chain.
- Working with high voltage systems.
- Good test and analysis skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with standard office tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- A team player with the additional ability to work alone unsupervised.
- Highly-motivated and capable of working on concurrent activities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77800159