Test Technician Opportunity in St Neots
It’s a fantastic company and they are expanding so a great time to join. Once you start to work here you realise why the staff have worked there for years! Your appreciated, valued and rewarded why would you leave?
With that in mind due to the expansion plans, we are seeking a Test Technician who is educated to minimum HNC or HND in Electronics or similar. You need to have proven experience and be able to test products used in the Broadcasting industry with RF diagnostics.
If you are:
- Competent in setting up and the use of oscilloscopes, DVMs, spectrum analysers for testing & fault finding electronic assemblies and computer-driven test systems.
- Can undertake fault finding tasks with electronic circuits using schematic diagrams and set up test equipment.
- Test jigs for both in-circuit and full functional testing of PCBAs and complete products.
- Test PCBAs and complete electronic products following test procedures recording test results as directed.
- Only pass assemblies that meet the test specification with all readings falling within test limits.
- Ensure test work is carried out to the production schedule, in order that production deadlines are met.
- Inform the Production management team if there are problems that may cause delay.
- Keep management informed of any significant problems with products under test.
- Investigate and fault find faulty electronic printed circuit assemblies or complete electronic based products using schematic diagrams and the full range of test equipment available leading to their repair.
- Keep records as required of test times and record fault data in a database.
- Suggest improvements in the testing of items to speed up the test process and achieve production test times.
- Seek assistance, as required to help solve test related problems. You are part of an amazing team who are there to help.
- To use commercial awareness in relation to the products being tested and repaired, balancing the value of the item against the time required to repair or test it. To follow the working procedures defined in use within the test department.
Monday – Thursday 7.30 – 4.00pm with 30-minute lunch break and Friday 7.30 – 1.30. What a lovely way to end the week with a 1.30 finish! Start your weekend early every week!
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we’re sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77798834