Finance Assistant- Purchase Ledger
Job Title- Finance Assistant- Purchase Ledger
Benefits- 25 days Annual Leave in addition to Bank Holidays
Hours- 37.5 per week. 12.30pm Finish on a Friday.
My client based in Chatteris are looking for a Financial Assistant to join their team. The role of the assistant initially will be to support the Purchase Ledger team expanding to support Sales ledger in time. This role is initially to cover Maternity Leave until Sept 2018 with the view to the right candidate being taken on permanently after this time.
The right can-do attitude is a must with this role, with the confidence to take your own initiative to liaise with other departments when required. Experience of working with ERP systems is an advantage however not essential.
Experience in a Finance/ Accounts based role is expected as well commitment to continual professional development.
Please see the job description for the role below and apply today. For more information call Jess Doherty on 01480 435000
- Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role will play an important part in ensuring the Sales and Purchase Ledger is kept up to date and fully posted on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensuring all dispatched items are invoiced and posted on a timely and accurate basis.
- Working closely with the Projects Department to ensure all advance/milestone invoices are made and monitored until cleared upon final invoicing.
- They will need to work closely with the rest of the Finance Department in order to ensure consistency and best practice is developed and maintained across the function, proactively driving the ongoing improvement of business practices and performance across the team.
- They will work co-operatively and positively with all internal departments, providing excellent service and support and advice where applicable.
- Internal contact will mainly be with commercial and shipment departments as well as production team leaders.
- External contact will mainly be with customers, ensuring any queries are dealt with professionally and promptly.
Year-end statutory audits and month-end reporting
- Process all transaction by month end for review by the Financial Controller
- Preparation of monthly schedules and reconciliations
- Preparation of year-end schedules to be included in the statutory audits pack
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliations for Sales Ledger control account.
Banking & treasury
- Assisting the Financial Accountant with payment preparation from Purchase Ledger.
- Ensure Sales Ledger is updated with all customer related receipts
- Assisting with purchase ledger processing where required
- Prepare monthly VAT reports for Sales Ledger
- Reconcile Sales Ledger VAT to General Ledger account
Other responsibilities working with the Financial Accounting Team
- Provide occasional cover for other members of the Accounts team
- Ad-hoc analysis and project work
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77795509