Contracts Manager - Civil Engineering/Groundworks
Contracts Manager - Permanent - Civil Engineering/Groundworks
£40,000 - £45,000 + company van + package
This is a career opportunity for an experienced Senior Site Manager or existing Contracts Manager to work for a leading regional Civil Engineering Contractor who specialise in groundworks and the entire civil's package including roads and access. The company has been operating for over 30 years and has a strong reputation and client base with a high percentage of repeat business. Contracts are typically between £400k and £5Million and across construction sectors, working with the Regions best main contractors.
The role - Contracts Manager
You will be an experienced Senior Site Manager or existing CM for an established Civils/Groundwork contractor. The role will be reporting to a Regional Manager and will be responsible for managing and controlling 2-4 groundworks projects in accordance with the company policies and procedures. You will be able to work in a fast paced environment where attention to detail is of utmost importance and the quality of the build is of an exceptional standard.
- Achieve production targets and carry out programming and monitoring to ensure that deadlines are met
- Manage around 2-4 live projects at once with a total value of around £3Million.
- Read and understand specifications, drawings, preliminaries, preambles and contract documentation
- Produce H&S and O&M on completion of projects
- Requisition and management of materials/delivery
- Issue subcontractors with regular short term programmes to ensure planned progress is achieved
- Hold progress meetings
- Display on site an up to date copy of the construction programme indicating the progress to date
- Give full consideration to the tender allowances when establishing the site compound
- Liaise with the design team, clients, subcontractors and suppliers to and maintain good working relationships
- Attend monthly cost meetings and agree contribution forecast
- Ensure full compliance with all Health & Safety aspects
- Obtain risk assessments and method statements from contractors prior to work commencement
- Handle all customer care issues in a timely and professional manor
- Manage Project Managers performance
To qualify for this position you must have recent experience working on Groundworks projects in the UK as Senior Site Manager or above and have a proven track record for delivery. .
What is on Offer
You will benefit from an excellent salary plus package including company car or car allowance, medical cover and pension. A bonus scheme is also in place.
If you are interested in this exciting position please click the link below or contact Jamie Risdale at Thorn Baker. Additionally if you would like to have an informal discussion about other opportunities please do not hesitate to call me on
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77799030