Admissions Officer (Maternity Cover)
We are seeking to appoint an organised and proactive Admissions Officer for our outstanding, non-selective state school for girls with a mixed sixth form. The position is to cover a period of maternity leave.
The post will involve administering the school admissions system for Years 7 - 11 in line with the timetable set out by the Local Authority. The School is very popular and attracts more than 1000 applications each year.
The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park, Baker Street and Bond Street Tube Stations).
The successful candidate will join the School’s friendly and supportive administration team. Full training and guidance will be provided.
- One-year maternity cover contract (Monday 29th January 2018 - Friday 15th February 2019).
- Daily hours: 8.00am - 4.00pm.
- Salary: NJC points 21 - 26 (£23,610 - £26,868) depending on experience. This equates to £21,396 - £24,349 for working term-time only plus 15 days in the school holidays (exact dates to be agreed with the Headteacher).
Secondary Transfer Procedure:
- Prepare forms for admissions
- Arrange Open Days / Evening
- Deal with correspondence and telephone enquiries
- Sort applications according to the admissions policy
- Create, enter and manage admissions SIMS database
- Send lists of candidates to the LA
- Prepare and send out letters to all successful / unsuccessful applicants
- Process paperwork for applicants accepting places in school (contracts, maintenance contribution, new parents’ evening and pupil days)
- Keep up to date copies of DfE ‘School Admission Code of Practice’ and ‘School Admission Appeal Code of Practice’
- Process appeal paperwork and liaise with the Appeals Clerk (log, copy, send and prepare files for School Staff)
- All related administration: liaising with Headteacher, Governors, LA and school staff, parents and pupils
- Liaise with Senior Staff in the arrangement of the Assessment Day
- Liaise with Performing Arts Faculty to filter applicants and arrange aptitude tests for selected applicants
- Prepare and mark assessment tests using NFER software Prepare basic statistical analysis of applicants
- Answer all enquiries relating to admissions
- Work with appropriate staff to select appropriate candidates and arrange interviews when vacancies occur
- Maintain up to date records and a database of all applicants to be considered for vacancies as and when they arise
Reception presence between the hours of 8am-9am daily, alongside the Reception team.
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain admissions processes and procedures clearly to parents
- A polite, friendly and positive manner
- Able to handle queries from the general public, parents and pupils, remaining professional and calm at all times
- The ability to use imitative and to prioritise actions and tasks
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail, accurate and efficient
- Good working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Relevant administration experience in an office environment
- Familiarity with SIMS would be useful, but not essential, as training will be provided
- Experience of working in a school would be helpful, but is not essential
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form. Application forms are available to download from the School’s website.
As part of the form you will need to complete a supporting statement (no more than 2 sides of A4), in order to demonstrate your suitability for the post.
Please return your completed application form by e-mail via the button below.
Closing date: by 9.00am on Friday 8th December 2017
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).