Early Years Practitioner
Do you have experience working in a Nursery and hold a Level 3 Qualification?
Are you passionate about providing a high standard of physical, social and intellectual care for children?
Would you like to work mornings only in an ‘OUTSTANDING’ Nursery alongside lovely colleagues?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Vale Academy would love to hear from you!
Due to increased numbers in our growing Nursery, The Vale Academy are looking to recruit Early Years Practitioners to join our delightful and successful team. We are looking to appoint individuals willing to work as part of a team in order to provide a purposeful, stimulating environment that is rich in learning opportunities, which allow all our children to play, develop and learn. It is very important to us that we provide a high level of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all our children ensuring positive development and growth. Therefore, we are seeking new members of our team that will be as equally committed and passionate as we are.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a minimum of a relevant and recognised Level 3 qualification
- Be passionate and have a proven success of working with children
- Have up to date knowledge of legislation relating to Early Years such as EYFS, SEND, Safeguarding and the Childcare Act 2006
- Have knowledge of child development and children’s needs
- Have the ability to encourage partnership working between parents/carers and families
- Be able to community well with both adults and children
- Hold good organisational skills and have the ability, flexibility and willingness to take on other responsibilities or duties as deemed necessary
- Have an understanding of Equal Opportunities and an awareness of Health and Safety and practical Hygiene issues
- Start Date: 3rd January 2018
- Salary: L1b.9 - £7.97 an hour
- Job Role: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract, Term Time Only (39 weeks)
- Hours: 8:30am to 12:15pm
Why work for The Vale Academy:
- You’ll be working in an Ofsted rated ‘OUTSTANDING’ Nursery that is full of positivity and warmth
- You’ll be working under a strong and innovative leadership team that are here to support you in the best way possible
- We have extensive specialist facilities and curriculum in the Arts, Sport and Design and Technology
- We are a forest school and have a fully integrated outdoor learning curriculum
- Local subsided gym membership and many other staff benefits
- Brilliant CPD opportunities so you can constantly improve and develop
- Fantastic partnership links with other primary school within The Shared Learning Trust, so plenty of opportunities to progress your career!
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “Supervision for staff is highly supportive. Staff enhance their skills, as they are encouraged to undertake further training to increase their levels of qualification and widen their knowledge. Individual responsibilities for different areas of the curriculum help to motivate staff. Close, professional relationships with parents support them to continue children's learning at home. Parents feel welcomed into the nursery. They describe the nursery as brilliant. Staff are infectiously enthusiastic and show a real sense of joy in their work as they interact with children and guide their learning. Staff are superb role models who provide children with a warm and safe place where they can flourish and thrive.”
Closing Date: Monday 4th December at 12pm Interviews: As soon as possible
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today – we look forward to hearing from you!
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.