GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER - CAMBRIDGE- £NEGOTIABLE
An excellent opportunity has presented itself for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our client based out of their Cambridge offices.
Due to a recent increase in workload our client are looking for Geotechnical Engineers to join their existing and friendly team.
You will be based at the offices in Cambridge, however you will be expected to travel throughout the country to undertake fieldwork and ground investigations. The successful Geotechnical Engineer will have access to a company vehicle for this purpose.
Upon joining the team as a Geotechnical Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking Phase 1 Desk Studies and Preliminary Risk Assessments;
- Undertaking site investigation fieldwork including supervision of drilling rigs, sampling and logging to BS5930:2015 (full training will be provided);
- Using generic and specialised computer software to input investigation data and produce factual reports;
- Visiting sites to undertake gas and groundwater monitoring using specialised kit (full training provided);
- Working with the current engineering team to schedule laboratory testing;
- Working with the current engineering team to produce factual and interpretive reports;
- Assisting engineers and other staff in the office as required.
- Full clean driving licence;
- Manual handling ability
- Organisation skills, particularly time management and ability to maintain a tidy work area;
- Ability to follow instructions
- Computer literacy (office software) and willingness to learn to use new software;
- Willingness to work flexibly around office hours including occasional long days and occasionally stay away from home;
- Relevant Sciences or Engineering Degree
- CSCS Certification;
- First Aid Qualification;
- Relevant Sciences or Engineering Masters or other advanced degree
- Relevant experience
If this role sounds like it could be for you, please contact Neil Ellerton of Penguin Recruitment on 01792 365 100. Alternatively, you can send through a copy of you CV to email@example.com