Sales Ledger Assistant
This is a front office finance role reporting to the Discipline Project Finance Supervisor covering selected disciplines and supporting the wider WYG UK region when necessary.
A flexible working pattern and attitude is required to meet the demands of the business at key dates in the financial calendar. The successful applicant will be responsible for posting high volumes of project sales invoicing into the WYG Officebase system and dealing with all invoice queries.
A key aspect of the role will be the development of positive working relationships with other teams such as credit control, client services, operational finance and UK operations including Project Directors and Project Managers.
Success in this role will be measured by delivery of departmental KPl's and by completion of daily, weekly and monthly project accounting tasks to agreed deadlines and quality standards
Finance plays an important role in delivering support to the business and the implementation of controls and procedures and the diversity of WYG is reflected in this role with the main responsibilities including;
- Work will be focused towards the achievement of specific objectives and the completion of daily, weekly and/or monthly tasks.
- Responsible for the input and checking of high volume of project invoicing, ensuring accuracy and raising any queries regarding format, wording or client details with Project Directors and/or Project Managers
- Contacting Project Directors and/or Project Managers in line with the WIP schedules / WIP module to expedite the issuing of invoices to clients.
- Review of client purchase order requirements and ensure that purchase order numbers are in place before raising sales invoices.
- Liaising with client services and/or credit control to ensure that client details are up to date and advising the business of any changes.
- Hard copy posting of the invoices and/or electronic issue to meet client requirements.
- Meeting strict month end deadlines ? sales ledger close.
- Supporting the Discipline Project Finance Assistant when necessary.
In order to be considered for the post, candidates should demonstrate the following;
- Communicating Effectively
- Continuously Improving
- Delivering Results
- Focusing on our Clients
- Leading and Developing People
- Thinking strategically
In order to be considered for the post, candidates should have the following;
- Previous administrative experience in a similar role, or clear evidence of an ability to be able to grow quickly into such a role.
- An understanding of finance would be advantageous.
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Must be able to manage and process high volumes of invoicing. Ability to work to strict deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- High level of accuracy and speed required.
- Good organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and driven but with the ability to work as part of a larger team.
- Must have a flexible approach and attitude to meet the peak demands of the business.
- Ability to operate in a professional manner at all times, and in line with business practice and policy.
- Computer literate with a sound working knowledge of relevant software packages, notably Microsoft Excel.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
- WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
- WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
- WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG plc?s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you?ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, life insurance, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare, additional holiday and travel insurance. You?ll also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959612743