Speech and Language Therapist - Early Years / Primary - Maternity Cover
Blossom House is an Ofsted-rated “Outstanding” specialist school for children aged 3 - 19 years of age with speech, language and communication difficulties. Although many of the children have some associated difficulties such as fine motor problems or poor organisational skills, they are all within the average range of cognitive abilities.
We have an exciting opportunity for a fully qualified Speech and Language Therapist to join our Therapy Team on a fixed term basis, supporting children who have complex speech, language and communication difficulties.
The role involves providing an integrated SLT service to children within our school, focusing on early attention, pre-linguistic and linguistic skills, and social communication. You will be required to jointly plan and deliver a curriculum alongside teaching and other therapy staff creating an environment with a class-based and integrated SLT approach.
- A supportive working environment in a newly refurbished building.
- Small class sizes and the opportunity to work 1-1 with children where possible.
- Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers who will work alongside you in the classroom. Our Speech & Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Art Therapists, Music Therapists, and Play Therapists aim to maximise each child’s potential in a nurturing and supportive environment.
- Continued professional development.
- Great staff benefits and a friendly nurturing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
- Excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills.
- The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
- Experience working within a school or Early Years setting desirable.
- Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs and Social Communication Difficulties.
- The ability to manage a small group of children with complex social communication needs.
- The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
The role is a Maternity Cover role which is expected to end in July/October 2018
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 17:00
Annual salary: Salary dependent on experience, 9 weeks holiday pa
Closing Date: Wednesday 6th December 2017
(Early applications are encouraged)
Applicants will need to complete an application form detailing how they meet the requirements of the person specification, along with the application activity detailed below.
If you wish to apply for the post, please download the application form from the school website and email completed forms via the button below.
This role is subject to the relevant Safeguarding checks which will include an Enhanced DBS check and right to work in the UK checks.