Chief Executive Officer
Title of Post: Chief Executive Officer
Grade: £32,444 - £35444 pro rata
Responsible to: HALE’s Management Committee
To provide strategic and operational direction and leadership to HALE.
Responsible for the overall management, development, co-ordination, monitoring and evaluation of the initiatives that are identified as addressing our core objectives to address healthy living and loneliness in the communities we serve.
Responsible for acquiring new funds through grants, businesses and fund raising.
Raising the profile, outreach and partnership
- To lead on the development of HALE as an innovative organisation which tackles poor health and loneliness through initiatives that support individuals in disadvantaged communities to identify and conquer their health concerns.
- Create and implement clear referral pathways both into and out of services
- Work in partnership with organisations within the local third sector, health and social care communities
- Identify innovative opportunities and funding that will improve health and wellbeing in the Bradford locality.
- To participate in strategic NHS and Local Authority meetings working closely with key partners to ensure that HALE’s strategic direction is in line with local perspectives and understanding
- To take responsibility for the development of links with GP’s/ CCG/ Care Trust/VCS
Finance and Overview of Evaluation and Impact
- To oversee with the Finance Manager the total budget, and ensure that financial records are maintained and reported in line with legal obligations, including Company House and Charity Commission requirements.
- To prioritise work and take decisions about the allocation of finance and resources for HALE activities with reference to the priorities of HALE’s constitution and operational plans
- To be responsible for all HALE assets, budget and materials
- To identify and complete funding, contract and grant applications that are in line with HALE’s mission and core objectives. With the Finance Manager prepare budgets for funding proposals and to produce regular reports for funders (adhering to the established service level agreements) on the committed work)
- With the fundraiser to identify local business’ who would sponsor HALE
Supervision and management
- To be responsible for whole team development including line managing senior staff, recruitment, appraisal, supervision, training and encouraging staff to stretch their capabilities
- To undertake regular reviews of the team’s workload and have oversight of work allocation within the team
- To review and implement management systems to support the development and recording of HALE activities and initiatives
- To ensure that monitoring and evaluation of projects are effective and reported back to partners, funders and public health policy makers in a timely manner
- Ensure complaint procedures are followed through appropriately
- Support to HALE’s Management Committee;
- ensure all legal and statutory obligations relevant to a Registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee are met
- provide written reports for meetings
- work with Trustees to understand the strategic direction for HALE, identify funding strategies to enable HALE to develop appropriately and according to HALE’s mission.
- Joint lead for Safe Guarding with the Deputy Manager
- Ensure that HALE’s policies and procedures are followed and understood by all staff and that necessary training is taken
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the race, culture, religion, language and sexuality of all people in the working environment.
- Organise and prepare HALE’s Annual Report and Annual General Meetings.