Windows IT Systems Engineer
A Windows IT Systems Engineer is required by a software solutions provider who specialises in the financial service sector.
Working closely with established Managed Services Delivery team in the UK and US. The successful Windows IT Systems Engineer with be managing MS Azure based Windows infrastructure for both customers and internal users.
The Windows IT Systems Engineer will provide basic Windows Server and administration support for daily operations including 300 Windows 2008 and 2012 virtual machines hosted in Microsoft Azure.
Follow procedures and guidelines for the following tasks:
- Daily system checks
- Windows updates patching
- User management using Active Directory and PowerShell scripts, including creating new user accounts and password resets
- Setting up new SQL databases
- Troubleshooting VM connectivity problems for customer
Deployment of Change Control Notes to Production systems.
Candidates will have experience of the following:
- IT related Degree or relevant work experience/qualifications.
- Knowledge of Windows servers and network equipment.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory, TCP/IP networking, and DNS.
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Some experience working in an IT infrastructure role including management of Windows servers and network support
- Strong communication skills and able to effectively explain technical issues
- Understands the business importance of the IT infrastructure and the need to avoid faults and downtime.
Experience of PowerShell Scripting, MS-SQL admin, MS Azure and firewalls with be an advantage.
This role provides the opportunity to work for a forward thinking and expanding organisation, a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package is on offer in addition to career development opportunities.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77725183