Our client a world leader in the field of laser technology and laser manufacturing are looking to recruit an experienced Application Engineer on a permanent basis.
- The role of the Application Engineer is to work closely with the Managing Director, National Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, Consumables Manager and Technical Support Manager, to facilitate, develop and train both internal, external staff and clients the abilities and skills in respect of laser machines and their unique applications, across a broad spectrum of market sectors. Training will take place internally, external showrooms and on clients premises.
- It is expected that the Application Engineer will be the knowledge base for the company for all types of Applications across our portfolio of machines, to drive unique applications with clients and sales alike, work with clients on their premises (and/or in our showrooms across the UK) to show clients how to get the best out of our machines, to maximise their production capability or to refine their processes, to maximise the potential of every laser type.
- Required to be extremely passionate about laser machines, extensive knowledge of CNC/ laser machines is required.
- Responsible for developing new market sectors in line with new product development from (HQ) to maximise the opportunities to grow sales across the UK, in line with the strategy.
- To work with the strategy implemented by the Managing Director and BU Managers, for all individuals to improve and extend their application abilities.
- To develop processes with the Managing Director, across both the Sales and Technical Support sides of the business, with a focus on 'Right First time' approach, in line with the company developing a superior service across its market sectors and to reduce waste and cost, across the business.
- Working with the Management Team, to develop skills both on machine functionality and application abilities.
- Offering and selling to clients, personalised training days for either their staff or specific applications.
- It is expected that a high level of training will be implemented with the right candidate, which will involve international travel across the other sites, to gain knowledge and understanding of the role from other laser Application Managers across the globe, we are looking for your passion with what you can do with lasers, to be the best in your field within the UK and Ireland, if not across the company wordwide.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Competent at a high level in graphic packages which should include Coral Draw, Illustrator, Autocad or Photoshop.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent Customer Service.
- Excellent written and spoken communication.
- Strong work ethic, organised, disciplined and highly self motivated.
- Full clean and current driving license.
- A willingness to travel (must have a valid passport).
- Willingness to undertake staff training and development as and when required.
- Passionate about new technology.
- A passion to communicate at all levels, to mentor and train others at multiple levels.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77781781