Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant
Successful niche business looking to recruit a Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant due to significant growth.
My client is a well-respected and successful organisation based in Bishops Stortford. Operating in a niche industry they have experienced significant growth and success over the last 2-3 years. Due to the increase in workload they are keen to take on a Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant to support the Financial Controller. The role will see you take on a range of duties, your typical duties will include:
- Full range of bookkeeping duties, including purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control
- Understand VAT requirements, concepts and calculations
- Ensure that month and year end journals and reconciliations are completed
- Assist in preparation and filing of VAT returns
- Assist with preparing the monthly management accounts
- General administration tasks, including filing, photocopying, scanning etc.
The ideal candidate will have solid working knowledge of Sage or Xero alongside prior experience in a similar role Strong communication skills at all levels are crucial due to the nature of the role as are strong Excel and Microsoft office skills.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a highly respected organisation with a great reputation as a place of work.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77776360