To have a good knowledge and understanding of Fleet Engineering and to best support engineering, operations and customer requirements.
To help the continual improvement of operational safety and compliance, maintenance and repair standards, equipment specification, and cost management.
Global 3PL Provider
The Fleet Engineer will be based local to Stafford and be responsible for the following:
- Working closely with operations to provide advice and support in order to minimise VOR time.
- Management of internal & external repairers, to ensure company meets all vehicular safety & legal requirements.
- Assist with day to day maintenance issues as well as major repairs.
- Approval of repair costs to assist with tight cost control.
- Provide Emergency Response support.
- Commitment to help improve engineering standards and operator/ driver education, to maintain and improve compliance record.
- Close management of service providers to ensure compliance is balanced against cost efficiency.
- Investigating accidents/ incidents where required, producing written reports and close outs.
- Managing engineering projects as required - provide engineering advice and solutions.
- Escalating to Manager any engineering issues that affect the wider fleet or that may lead to unusually high levels of cost.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Experience of working in fleet engineering or vehicle maintenance
- Minimum 10 years experience in vehicle or road tanker maintenance and repair
- A high level of understanding of Legal Compliance and standards of Roadworthiness
- Strong understanding and awareness of health and safety
- Experience in supplier management and cost control
- Previous supervisory role an advantage
- UK driving licence is essential
- Computer literate
£45,000 + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77764243