Reporting into the Engineering Manager. In line with the departmental mission of Minimise Downtime and enable the site to produce 400 tonnes of product per week
With hundreds of years of heritage and five busy factories, we work tirelessly around the clock to deliver the very best product with a combination of both traditional manufacturing methods and state of the art operations. As an international branded and retailer own brand business we have plans to grow
- Ensure plant and personnel (including external contractors) conform to Health & Safety legislation, policy and standards identifying any required actions so that the area of responsibility is healthy, safe and accident free.
- Delivering planned and reactive maintenance in order to achieve engineering KPIs.
- Compliance with all food safety policies and procedures (eg. HACCP, BRC)
- Supporting the Engineering Management Team through attendance of site meetings and completion of actions.
- To maintain company and statutory hygiene standards throughout designated areas including promoting the principles of basic food hygiene and good housekeeping.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels.
- Utilise the use of CI tools on a daily basis.
- Identification of continuous improvement projects within the department.
- Bring forward suggestions and solutions to the Engineering Management to prevent poor machinery performance
- Identify required spares
- Modify plant and equipment to improve performance
- Keep a record of all maintenance activities undertaken
- Ensure all repairs are completed to a high standard
- Attend breakdowns promptly when required
- Ensure a good working relationship between Engineering and production
- Assist in the training of apprentices and machine operatives
- Operate to company rules at all time
Carry out any reasonable instructions as requested by your manager/supervisor
- Structured and practical engineering training (eg. apprenticeship / HNC / degree).
- Carries out straight forward tasks using software
- Appropriate knowledge of HACCP and COSHH
- Ensures own outputs meet required quality standards
- Understands own responsibilities to treat others fairly and equally
- Knowledge and experience of sweet making process, plant & technology
- Be able to work alone, or as part of a team
- Good problem solving skills
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles
- An understanding of pneumatic and hydraulics
- Good ability in maths, IT and science
- Communication skills
- Good practical and technical skills
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Good understanding of Health and Safety legislation.
- An aptitude to develop new skills.
- Apprenticeship in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
Competitive salary & benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77802396