Multi Skilled Engineer
My client requires a Multi Skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias) on their site in the Manchester area. It is a days based shift role, 4 on 4 off - 6am to 6pm. You will be required to carry out any preventative and reactive maintenance on site in order to reduce downtime
Michael Page are working alongside a UK Leading FMCG Manufacturing and Production Business in the Manchester area. The business is well established in the beverages market and has been in business for over 100 years. They are going through a period of growth and are offering an excellent opportunity for a Multi Skilled Engineer to join the business.
Multi Skilled Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Routine maintenance of production equipment and machinery.
- Root cause analysis of electrical and mechanical breakdowns in order to identify and implement the best solution and prevent future issues.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults in equipment and carry out any necessary repairs, ensuring minimal engineering downtime.
- Supporting the introduction of new equipment, machinery and ways of working.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures, maintaining up to date knowledge of H&S and environmental regulations, and helping us to achieve our zero accidents target.
- Ensure planned projects are delivered to specification and to agreed service requirements.
- Through PPM programme, identify additional works required.
- Diagnose, fault-find, debug and commission systems, monitor and assess ongoing machine/facility performance.
As a Multi skilled Engineer, you will have experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment (ideally food, beverage or pharmaceutical). The successful applicant will have:
- Formal Engineering qualifications (electrical or mechanical to electrical conversion) or who is a time served engineer.
- Time served in an FMCG Manufacturing and Production Environment
- Completed Engineering Apprenticeship
- Both electrical & mechanical fault finding experience.
- The ability to work both as a team & individually.
Basic Salary: £35,500
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77798674