Process Engineer (Materials / Metallurgy)
Process Engineer (Materials / Metallurgy)
If you’re an ambitious professional, keen to commence or further a career within process engineering, then read on to uncover more about this exciting opportunity to join an employee focused business that truly values high performance and will support your career development.
Who will I be working with?
A global leader in developing, manufacturing and supplying magnesium products to technology industries worldwide, no one knows magnesium like Magnesium Elektron do. Established in 1936, the company operates nine manufacturing facilities worldwide, holding more patents on magnesium alloys than any other company in the world. The workforce has a relentless drive to make things work, and a passion to achieve high quality standards. The ambitious company values each and every employee and invests significantly into personal development, nurturing a friendly and supportive culture.
Based within the state of the art SynerMag Technology Centre, you’ll be working primarily within a small specialised team that manufacture, design and develop new, award winning, extruded magnesium alloys used for bioresorbable implants (SynerMag). The SynerMag business is accelerating rapidly; they need the processes, technology and equipment to enable and support this growth.
So, what will the role ofProcess Engineer entail?
Reporting to the Programme Development Manager, your role will be to discover and define new processes, improve old processes, implement new capital equipment projects to achieve quality/cost/capability targets. This role offers freedom for creative engineers to recommend and design new processes and modifications to ensure success of the SynerMag’s operational objectives. You will also serve as the manufacturing team’s technical advisory. You’ll be working closely with all members of the multi-functional team including commercial, manufacturing, quality and alloy development. In addition, you’ll be required to carry out process improvement technology programmes for the larger business programmes which include aerospace, and oil and gas. Your duties will include:
- Recommending new process designs and modifications to improve product quality and manufacturing costs
- Working with the Engineering team to design and specify new capital equipment for new processes, in addition to installing new capital equipment
- Working with Alloy Development Metallurgist to industrialise new alloys, taking them from lab to commercial scale
- Providing technical advice to the Manufacturing team for any issues
- Work with the Operations team to improve all company products and processes
- Taking responsibility for understanding how the manufacturing process affects product performance and quality, ensuring all process changes continue to meet quality objectives
What will I need in order to be considered for this Process Engineer vacancy?
- Either have a degree level qualification in Materials or Metallurgy, or a Science based degree with an MSc / PhD in a Metals / Materials related subject
- Experience in writing up and reporting technical documents, with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in written communications
- Excellent scientific approach, with the ability to plan experiments and form rational technical arguments, and independently conduct research to solve problems
- Superb problem solving and organisation skills, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High level of interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Confident, professional, and flexible with a ‘can do’ attitude
The following would be advantageous, although not essential:
- Experience with metal forming processes such as casting or extrusion, within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of metal processing technology, metallurgy of light metals, and process control / SPS / Six Sigma
- MSc or PhD in Light Alloys
What will I receive in return?
You will be part of a well-established, ambitious international business, where you will be supported to develop in your role with your efforts and performance noticed and rewarded.
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 level dependent on qualifications and experience
Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, retail discount card, and company shares incentive option. Plus generous pension, cycle to work, and childcare voucher schemes.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Swinton (Greater Manchester)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Process Engineer (Materials / Metallurgy) vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Magnesium Elektron. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Magnesium Elektron, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77796688