Data Architect/Data Engineering Manager - Global eCom - Bangkok
Data Architect/Data Engineering Manager - Global eCom - Relocate to Bangkok
Our client is looking for world class development managers / architects to lead their data engineering team and bring it to where it belongs: the number one spot. This role is one of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. You will be extremely hands-on, technically excellent and well versed in solid engineering principles as well as be an exceptionally strong leader and demonstrate first rate people development skills.
About the Role:
It's vital to have a love of engineering and a passion for building things. You will be expected to guide and review the team's work, but at times you also may need to get hands-on and code yourself. You'll also be expected to stay in touch with where the industry is going as well as have strong opinions about how systems should be engineered and maintained.
As a technology company, they keep up with the latest ideas and innovations and make key decisions on when to adopt, when to follow and when to innovate. Previous experience of making the right choices will be required as you will be responsible for the technical direction of our fastest growing asset: the mobile app.
Despite investment and belief in technology, people are still their greatest asset. You will have a keen interest in developing people: inspiring those around you so they can achieve their potential. Being able to recruit other A-players and integrating them into the business will also be important.
- Extremely proficient in an object orientated language (Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, C#)
- Extremely proficient in modern coding practices (dependency injection, reactive programming, MVVM, design patterns)
- Proficient in data development (MVC, REST API, data retrieval)
- Extremely proficient in automatic testing (specta, jUnit, appium)
You will need:
- To be passionate about technology and data architecture
- Experience working in a successful agile development team
- To be able to take full responsibility for the product - from early planning stages to deployment and maintenance.
- Inspirational leadership - know what will make your engineers go the extra mile
- Previous experience managing engineering teams of at least 6 people
About our Client:
They are a highly successful online company that has gone from start-up to star and is now part of perhaps the most successful start-up group in the world. Our client believes in delivering truly compelling customer engagement. Their focus is on blending choice, value and convenience to deliver a consistent and rewarding user experience. As a global e-commerce leader, they are located in 25 countries and counting. A multinational team of more than 1,200 professionals, located throughout the world, provides a first-class reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and connections to make available the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers. Their website is at the cutting edge of a mobile payment-driven industry.
If you feel you are the right candidate to assist them get to the next level then get in touch! Our client loves like minded people who demand success and ensure it's reached!
This job is based in Bangkok and would require you to join the Bangkok office. We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77788585