Test and Verification Engineer
Test and Verification Engineer required for a company who are leaders in distrubuted fiber optic sensing,delivering significant business value worldwide through the deployment of ground-breaking technologies utilising Distributed Acoustic Sensing.
They are looking for a Test and Verification Engineer who is self-motivated individual with an eye for attention to detail to develop applications to test production PCB's and assemblies for verification of system firmware releases.
The role will involve using multiple software development environments, particularly Python, in liaison with the firmware team to assist develop script-based automated regression tests to allow full verification firmware/ hardware prior to release.
Working in parallel with the electronics team, the role will require the design and development of robust automated test solutions for testing production PCBs and assemblies. This will involve simulating inputs and reading outputs of the component under test in order to confirm successful manufacturing.
Good communications skills will be essential as the role will require extensive liaison with the wider engineering and production teams as well as external contract manufacturers.
Success in the role will require the ability to understand complex optoelectronic products and components, and to break complex problems down into a series of well-defined steps.
* Writing JTAG boundary scan software (XJTAG) for PCB verification of manufacturing and test.
* Writing Python script for automated product regression testing.
* Helping to develop test plans/strategies for future designs, promoting 'Design for Test'.
* Maintenance of test records and test equipment at contract manufacturers.
* Assist debugging and diagnosing of faults on PCBs.
* Writing test applications using other languages such as C, C++, C# and LabVIEW as appropriate
* Assist with component and product calibration & test during peak times.
* Proficiency in the C programming language
* good understanding of the principles of analogue & digital circuit design
* Strong analytical skills
* Good technical communication skills and familiarity with the design process.
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to understand complex optoelectronic systems
* Soldering and electronics prototyping
* Driving license useful for providing test support to contract manufacturers
* Programming in C/C++
* Use of standard lab equipment (Oscilloscope, Bench PSU, DMM, function generator etc.)
* Practical use of electronics
* Experience in Python programming would be helpful, but not essential. More important is demonstration of the ability to design and implement robust programming techniques.
* Experience of working in an electronics test environment.
* Vocational qualification (eg BTEC Level 3) or degree Electronics or related discipline
* Physics / science / computing / software qualifications an advantage
Position Requirements OptaSense is a world leader in Distributed Acoustic Sensing and proud to provide vital information to help protect and secure the world's critical assets.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity, please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77798080