Senior Packet Core Engineer
Senior Support Engineer - Packet Core Platforms
£Competitive + benefits
Hatfield or Bristol
We're EE. And our vision is to provide the best network and best service so our customers trust us with their digital lives. We're doing that by building a new digital backbone for Britain and offering a great experience to each and every one of our customers - through our stores, in our centres and online. But we can only achieve our vision by having great people working for us. People who are empowered, supported, challenged and rewarded. Since becoming part of the BT family, we've focused on creating an energising culture that makes EE an even better place to build a career. That's why the Sunday Times named us one of the Best Big Companies to Work For. But why take their word for it? Come and see for yourself.
In this role, you'll be jumping both feet first into EE's vibrant, fast-moving Technology Operations department. The changeable nature of our Packet Core Platforms ensures that in this role you will be challenged and learn new skills every single day. Supporting the EE Packet Core Estate, you'll work to agreed performance targets and will proactively recommend changes to processes and procedures that will improve service availability. With this in mind, you'll be able to manage the implementation of these processes and will ensure that any changes will have little to no impact on our network, carrying out pre and post-implementation testing, quickly investigating and resolving faults and managing system maintenance. This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the heart of a growing, ambitious company where you can make a lasting impact on our future.
What you'll do:
- Ensure that the platforms, systems and services under your control have expert support available 24/7 and achieve agreed performance targets
- Available to support 24/7 on call rota as well as out of hours change activity
- Handle fault management to meet prescribed SLAs
- Work closely with other departments to develop, configure and maintain the tools required to manage all data services
- Be the main point of contact for all Packet Core systems expertise within the Data Service Department
- Mentor fellow team members
- Change with the times, proactively staying up to date with new cutting-edge software and technologies.
- Have demonstrable experience in Data Services within the Mobile Industry
- Have an excellent understanding of the Packet Core Network
- Be conversant with EPC, MME, UGW, SGSN/GGSN and 2G/3G/4G technologies
- Be competent in system performance, diagnosis and investigations
- Have a can-do attitude and be confident working in real-time.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- On call/call out allowance
- Flexible working
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- 25 days' holiday
- 75% discount on your personal EE mobile phone package
- 30% Friends and Family discount from day one (conditions apply)
- Other discounted products and services, as well as a range of other benefits
At EE, we're creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
For more information and to apply, please click on the apply link
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77796713