Information Technology Lead (East West Rail)
Job Description:Responsible for overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions. Development/motivation of staff, directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing infrastructure, applications, and development of new technical solutions. Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages. Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision. Ensure that all programmes and projects deliver to time, cost, and quality requirements, organising activities, clarifying tasks and responsibilities and making best use of resources. Demonstrate a proven track record of success in a leadership role within a corporate IT environment.
Experience & Skills:
As Information Technology lead for East West Rail Co., you will have at least 10 years’ experience and a proven track record in information services, technology and data, ideally in a role within the UK rail industry or similar asset intensive environment.
Preferably, you will also have some experience of holding roles in fast paced and complex environments during the setup of a new organisation.
Your Skills & Experience Will Include:
• Significant knowledge and experience of strategic IT planning
• Knowledge of and experience of delivering technologies in all its dimensions of an business
• Significant experience of managing IT projects
• Knowledge and exposure to IT supplier management and licensing
• Knowledge and experience of best practice in business and process analysis
• Knowledge and experience of communication and knowledge management systems
• Significant experience of developing and managing integrated business systems
• Strong leadership, people and team management skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong ability to engage and manage stakeholders
• Experience in driving innovation and change in an established industry or organisation
• UK rail industry and/or capital programme knowledge and experience is an advantage
Education & Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree or an equivalent combination of a Bachelor degree and experience (in information technology / computing)
• Member of relevant professional body
You will need to have the right to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will have a valid Disclosure of Scotland or be willing to apply for one on cv submission.
Please Note: The lower pay rate advertised in this job description is the highest PAYE daily pay rate that the client is willing to pay up to. The higher pay rate advertised in this job description is the highest daily Umbrella Company pay rate that the client is willing to pay up to.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77787985