Capital Project Engineer
Take an exceptional opportunity to join a rapidly growing and heavily investing manufacturing business and become a key part of their engineering vision moving forward.
Michael Page has partnered with a global manufacturing business who have recently undertaken an extensive investment program for their built for purpose manufacturing facility. As a result of this they are looking to add to their engineering capability and a looking for a high calibre professional engineer to lead their projects division and deliver a number of high profile improvement projects.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager and with full remit over capital projects the Project Engineer is a crucial position in this businesses long term strategic plan.
As the Project Engineer you will:
- Determine project specifications and objectives by studying design, requirements and performance standards.
- Deliver a proactive approach to project management, managing risks and keeping all stakeholders fully informed.
- Where problems arise, identify those problems with the project and take the lead on developing solutions and ensuring these solutions are implemented.
- Liaise with third parties such as external contractors around timescales and working practices.
- Aid in the development of industry best practice standards and procedures for the engineering department.
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge for benefit and support of wider business.
You will be a confident and capable communicator at all levels of business, and have the ability to tailor your style to your audience. You will have held a significant level of responsibility and be comfortable with dealing with commercial, financial and personnel concerns alongside being a source of technical expertise.
The ideal Project Engineer will:
- Hold a degree in an engineering discipline, preferably holding our being able to show evidence of progressing towards chartered status
- A formal Project Management qualification would be an advantage
- Have demonstrable experience of delivering major capital expenditure projects within manufacturing environments
- Hold draughting and design skills i.e. ability to read and generate drawings, both layout and (desirably) detail design, experience with CAD packages such as Autocad would be advantageous.
competitive plus package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77796796